Dentists’ Top Tips for Fresh Breath Confidence
Even for those with the cleanest mouths, bad breath can hit at certain times of day and be triggered by certain foods and activities. Distaste in our mouths can lead us to falter and feel less ready to go. To help give you fresh breath confidence, we have teamed up with leading dentist Dr Mervyn Druian to provide you with a simple guide on how to avoid bad breath each and every day.
1. Drink Water: A dry mouth is often the biggest odour offender, as without adequate saliva the mouth becomes a breeding ground for plaque bacteria which produce Volatile Sulphur Compounds (VSCs), the cause of our bad breath.
TOP TIP: Dentists recommend drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day and to stay away from caffeinated drinks to keep the mouth hydrated and smelling fresh.
2. Mouth Mindfulness: All that jumping up and down whilst exercising takes a lot of breath and often leads to mouth breathing which dries the gums and results in the build-up of unpleasant smelling odours. A blocked nose due to hay fever or even talking a lot can also lead to a dry mouth and bad breath.
TOP TIP: Remember to try and breathe through your nose throughout periods of high activity and keep sipping from a water bottle to provide your mouth with liquid freshness.
3. Use Daily Protection: Many mouthwashes only mask bad breath odour with a minty flavour rather than eliminating bad breath bacteria to offer real protection.
TOP TIP: Use UltraDEX Daily Oral Rinse combined with UltraDEX Low-Abrasion toothpaste twice a day as an essential part of your daily health and beauty routine. Adding these products with their advanced iQ+ ActiveOxi Technology to your daily routine is clinically proven to instantly eliminate the bad breath compounds (VSC) for 12 hours.
4. Snack Often: Skipping meals, especially breakfast, reduces the amount of saliva production which would otherwise clear bad breath bacteria.
TOP TIP: Dentists’ advice is to follow a healthy diet and to simply never skip a meal, especially breakfast, as VSC build up overnight. Eating fruit can be particularly helpful as it provides you with both vitamins and plenty of water to give you a fresh smile.
5. Remediate Immediately: The intensity of bad breath differs during the day depending on levels of oral dryness due to stress, fasting or consuming certain food or drink.
TOP TIP: For fresh breath on-the-go, dentists recommend the UltraDEX Fresh Breath Oral Spray to instantly eliminate bad breath compounds. The spray fits perfectly in a handbag or pocket and the clever technology is clinically proven to deliver fresh breath and whiter teeth too!
Be ready for anything this summer with the complete UltraDEX range available online here.